Skip to content

Yplus calculation

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sfraniatte
    Participant

Hello,

Yplus calculation works well when I have materials whith one digit for the inlets but it does not work anymore if inlets materials have two digits. It is not an issue for me right now since I have 9 materials. However it is a really strange behavior.

Best regards
    Sylvain

Adrian
    Keymaster

This is indeed strange and would be a bug. How are you computing Y+? Is the number of materials definitely the producer of this issue or could it be a geometry issue that only incidentally crosses the threshold of 10 materials?

sfraniatte
    Participant

I compute y+ as in the aorta example :
    if ( bouzidiOn ) {
    SuperLatticeYplus3D<T, DESCRIPTOR> yPlus( sLattice, converter, superGeometry, stlReader, 3 );
    SuperMax3D<T> yPlusMaxF( yPlus, superGeometry, 1 );
    int input[4]= {};
    T yPlusMax[1];
    yPlusMaxF( yPlusMax,input );
    clout << “\n yPlusMax=” << yPlusMax[0] << std::endl;
    }

It is definetely the number of digits because I did the test with the same case, the same quantity of materials but with different materials number (by swithcing materials from 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 to 3, 6, 7, 8, 9 for the inlets it does work).

Adrian
    Keymaster

Just to be safe: You are adjusting the material number given as an argument to the Y+ functor? I quickly read through the the functor code and there is nothing that would explain this weird dependence on the number of digits of the material (And I would be very confused if there was).

sfraniatte
    Participant

You are right ! It was the problem. I works with materials 3,31,32,33,34. I just really do not understand why it uses the material 3 to compute Yplus. I wonder how it computes the Yplus value and if it is correct in my case. Thank you !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.