Skip to content

Seeking Guidance on Optimizing LBM Simulations for Fluid-Structure Interaction ?

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on OpenLB General Topics Seeking Guidance on Optimizing LBM Simulations for Fluid-Structure Interaction ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    daaviddmiller
    Blocked

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on a project involving fluid–structure interaction using Lattice Boltzmann Method (LBM) simulations,.. and I am hoping to get some advice from the community.

My main challenge is optimizing the simulation parameters to achieve accurate results while keeping computation time manageable.

Specifically, I am dealing with a fairly complex geometry and trying to capture the subtle interactions between fluid flow and the deformable structure.

Could anyone share their experience with:

-Choosing the right boundary conditions for such simulations?
    -Tips on mesh refinement—how fine should it be without unnecessarily increasing computational load?
    -Any best practices for ensuring stability in simulations involving large deformations?

I have been using OpenLB and would love to hear about any tricks or modifications that could help improve my results.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or resources you could point me towards…!

With Regards,
    David

mathias
    Keymaster

This is work in progress — you may contact the authors of OpenLB if you are interested in speed up the development process in OpenLB in the framework of a colaboration https://www.openlb.net/consortium/ .

Adrian
    Keymaster

Do you have an existing case setup in OpenLB that you seek to optimize? How are you modeling the deformable boundaries? As Mathias already said, native support for this is a work in progress but if you already have implemented your own approach this could be an interesting start for a discussion.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.