Skip to content

Particle Post-Visualization

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jijo
    Participant

Hello OpenLB developers,

I am currently conducting particle-laden flow simulations using OpenLB. However, I have encountered an issue during visualization: the fluid streamlines appear to penetrate through the particle instead of flowing over its surface. This behavior is unexpected, given that the method is two-way coupled and the particle’s presence should influence the fluid flow.

I have attached a link to an image illustrating the problem: https://ibb.co/94k5HnL

It seems that the particle might be treated similarly to the fluid, which could be causing this issue. I would appreciate any insights or suggestions to resolve this issue.

Really appreciate the support

jan
    Participant

Dear Jijo,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your concern about the fluid streamlines penetrating through the particle in your particle-laden flow simulations using OpenLB.

The behavior you’re observing is actually expected in this context. The reason is that HLBM models particles as porous media.

To better visualize the flow according to your expectations, you might want to consider applying some filters in ParaView. For instance, the calculator filter could be useful to obtain the desired velocity for visualization. This could help you adjust the visualization based on the velocity and “porosity” of the particles, potentially making it appear as if the fluid is flowing over the particle’s surface rather than through it.

I hope this helps clarify the situation and provides a useful suggestion for your visualization needs. If you have any other questions or need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
    Jan

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.