Skip to content

forces acting on particle(s)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jakschee
    Participant

Hi openLB community,

I would like to use the constructor “SuperLatticeParticleForce()” to get the forces that are acting on a particle in my simulation, however I am not sure what is meant with “BLOCKFUNCTOR” or with the input variables: “periodic”, “iP0”, “ignoredMaterials” and “f”. Does anyone know how to use this constructor? Or is there a better way to get the forces?

Best regards
    Jakob

jan
    Participant

Dear jakschee,

BLOCKFUNCTOR is the functor on the actual core structures. Therefore, for the SuperLatticeMomentumExchangeForce the BlockLatticeMomentumExchangeForce would be used on each separate block. Please refer to the user guide and checkout the difference between super and block lattice.

Periodic is a vector of bools, that identifies which directions are periodic or not. iP0 allows to set an offset at which the particles loops should start, I suggest using the default value (0) here. ignoredMaterials allows you to set lattice materials that are ignored during the evaluation of the functor, meaning that cells having that material number are not considered. f refers to a function that can be passed in case some modification or output is necessary. All of these have default values, so you actually don’t have to define them, if you don’t need that functionality.

Best regards,
    Jan

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.