Skip to content

Concentration fields in openLB

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on OpenLB General Topics Concentration fields in openLB

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bragebr
    Participant

Hi all,

I am very new to openLB and currently I am working on an application which in the future can handle clogging phenomena in reactive flows in porous media. Just to get started, I would like to implement a program that handles flow past a reactive object in a 2D channel. If anyone has any input on how to handle a concentration field past such an object, how to initialise the object in the geometry (with the correct boundary conditions) that would be greatly appreciated. Any insight into how I could do dissolution/precipitation for erosion/crystallization on said object would maybe be even more appreciated!

shota
    Participant

Hi,

I think when you are new to OpenLB, the best would be to check out some example cases which are already implemented. To match your topic, I would start with those in the examples/advectionDiffusionReaction folder. There you can experiment with few apps, choose one which fits your needs best. I would then recommend to transform the example to solve your problem.

Best wishes,
    Shota

bragebr
    Participant

Thank you, Shota.

I have spent the last few weeks looking into the available examples, and yes, there are a lot of relevant material in /advectionDiffusionReaction. My biggest obstacle right now is semi-coupling of the fluid field and the concentration field. I don’t need the fields to communicate at each node update, but rather every n simulation times so that fluid field changes in accordance with the changing geometries. Any input?

shota
    Participant

Simply, call the coupling operator every n-th time step using if(iT%n == 0) or something alike.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.